RSS

Jackie Evancho: straight out of heaven

Dream With MeI have this habit of browsing through the videos and only the videos being posted by our Facebook friends. We do this habitually and have more than often encountered great performances from various talent shows all over the world.

One particularly great performance from America's Got Talent stunned us recently. Jackie Evancho. I have never heard of her before. She was actually AGT's runner-up from Season 5, which was wrapped up last year. This 11-year old girl, who has the soul and poise of a 30 year old left us flabbergasted with her soprano voice. She has been wowing American audiences since the age of 7. But it was only last year, when she got on television, that she became what AGT's Piers Morgan called, a superstar.
I couldn't agree more with Morgan. I have never been this drawn to Opera. Jackie truly is a child wonder with a voice that no one could possibly imagine ever coming out of a such a small 10-year old body. And she is incredibly disciplined too. I mean heck, to maintain a voice such as hers, one could only conclude so.


Here is a clip from her concert. David Foster was there on the piano.

The man has nothing but high regard for Jackie. He included her one of his latest major concerts. (See Jackie Evancho at David Foster & Friends). He is as awed as everyone else is. Even if I didn't understand most of the words of the Opera songs she sings, he is still at a loss for words listening to her. I can't help but agree as this "little angel", as AGT judge Sharon Osborne would regard her, puts so much emotion in her performances.

She is also incredibly poised, as I have mentioned earlier. Humble, and grateful to God that what she has is a gift given by Him. She says during a behind the scenes video of her concert...

I do not have any tricks to warming myself up or doing something before a performance. The only thing that I do is I say a prayer thanking God for this gift and asking him to be there on the stage with me and sing with me. -Jackie Evancho, PBS - Behind the Scenes
God bless you, Jackie. May you continue to touch people's lives with your warmth and talent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment