RSS

Learning how to meditate

Lifescapes ~ Guided Meditation For StressI have always believed that learning to find balance in life is essential for real happiness. This kind of balance could be achieved only if you are in touch with your innermost nature. Your inner voice, if you may. Your human instinct. The spiritual health is as important as the physical one, even more important, I must say.

This leads me to a second thought that I have always found convincing - meditation will help nurture your spiritual health and help you listen to your innermost thoughts.


I don't remember when I have first heard of this term, but I have first learned of how to meditate when I was in a high school recollection event. I'm lucky enough to have studied in schools which help students value their spirituality. It was a guided meditation. The recollection master, as how one calls the person who takes the lead in the whole day activity, made us listen to some relaxing music and had us close our eyes while she narrated a series of pictures that we were to creatively put into imagination.


I remember feeling extremely calm after that first time. But I haven't really tried it again. At least not until last night...

Yesterday morning, I felt unusually calmer than most mornings. These mornings usually just come unannounced. And after work, a sudden thought came to me - I want to learn how to meditate. I blame it on the novel that I've been reading - Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert. The main character, who happens to be the author as well, went through a self-imposed 4 months of spiritual nourishment at an Ashram in India. One important feature of a place like that is that of meditation, which is what she did most of the time.

The novel made me remember that feeling of calmness and made ma want to learn how to do it again. And so when I got home, I searched for anything that would suit my needs and found a set of guided meditation audio files. I listened to one of them before I went about in going through my evening tasks.

What can I say, 15 minutes of peace and quiet really does wonders in keeping you focused on whatever it is you need to accomplish. And very calming too, I must say. The inner calmness is what most people in the 'stress age' need most of the time.

If you have been meaning to explore meditation, try out Lifescapes ~ Guided Meditation For Stress. I first listened to The Crystal Cave and I intend to explore this renewed interest of mine. If it did wonders for my inner peace last night, it surely will later on today and for whenever I'd want to use it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment