RSS

on grazie's and merci's

Learning new languages have always been a hobby of mine. Well, maybe a more appropriate way to say it would be - I have always wanted to learn new languages and I have always wanted to make that as a hobby. Hehe..

By Elizabeth Gilbert: Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia [Audiobook]The French language, for me, is most fascinating. The nasal tone and how each word glides smoothly into another is just so beautiful. This used to be on top of my list. Well, at least until I've started listening to an audiobook of Elizabeth Gilbert: Eat, Pray, Love.

This book has had an awful lotta influence on me lately. She (Gilbert) wanted to learn Italian as much as I wanted to learn French. And we had one common and odd question to ask ourselves - what am I to do with this language? She said, it's not like she would move to Italy or something. As with me, well, it's not like I'm moving anywhere else, much less France. LOL! But hey, you don't really have to have a reason to learn a language. You could just do it! No justifications whatsoever. And yes I have been doing it. Haha...

I have Pimsleur French, Pimsleur Japanese, and, just recently, Pimsleur Italian - I. I mean what the hell! LOL!

I'm in love with how Pimsleur teaches you the language. This audiobook lets you listen to conversations in a language. After letting you listen, it explains the actual scenario of the conversation. And then, right after, it teaches you to speak each word syllable by syllable. Slowly, you are taught how to enunciate each of the 'jargon' until you think you have had enough and can say it properly already. It's fun! Whenever I am on breaks, I learn any of these languages. Italian, for me, seems to be the easiest thing to learn. It has a diction which seems to be closest to that of my native tongue. French is the most freakin complicated language to learn out of the three. I mean heck...French...Francais...LOL! But I'm in love with it still. I just find Italian more amusing nowadays. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment